FSU Reservation & Camp Flastacowo
In 1915, FSCW faculty and staff purchased - in the school’s name - six acres (including 200 feet of lakefront) next to Lake Bradford. The Student Government Association officially named the area “Camp Flastacowo,” an abbreviation of the Florida State College for Women. The camp became an integral part of school life and a major selling point for prospective students. The camp’s popularity in the following years would only grow with the arrival of the depression, providing students with free recreation and sleeping quarters.
When the school went co-ed in 1947, the name was changed from Camp Flastacowo to the Seminole Reservation. Today it is known as the FSU Reservation, or simply “The Rez.”